Header Message

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Victor 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
P
Participant
4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi,

I tried to download architecture documents but I can not progress beyond the “View License Agreement” page.
There is no “Accept License Agreement” on that page and I can only close that page with no action.
I am using Chromium on Ubuntu 16.04.

Pawel

P
Participant
4 months, 3 weeks ago

OK I figured it out but why is asking me about ” interest relating to the download you are requesting along with your intended use case” ???

MO
Keymaster
4 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your interest in MIPS Open. This will help us serve you better.

Best Regards,
MIPS Open Team

D
Dan
Participant
4 months, 3 weeks ago

Agreed. It seems an unnecessary barrier for something that is supposed to be open. RISC-V for example doesn’t require any kind of essay for download. If you really want to be open, in the modern sense, I would suggest the cores should be on github where people can freely fork them. Why would someone choose a ISA that maintains strict control over one that one that is more open? A gilded cage is still a cage. I think most would prefer freedom.

To quote Princess Leia from Star Wars: “The more you tighten your grip…, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.”

I hope for the best for this project, but it is already late (vs the (currently) more open RISC-V). Don’t make it too little, too late.

X
xi
Participant
3 months, 3 weeks ago

I very much agree with you.
I applied to download MIPS OPEN information last week.
They tell me “Your download request is awaiting approval. We aim to approve all download requests within 3 working days.”
But it has been a week, and I have not received a reply.
I am very disappointed.

MO
Keymaster
3 months, 3 weeks ago

Sorry for the delay. We had a small glitch in our server that caused some backlog. We have fixed this now. Your download request is now approved.
Sorry again for the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us if you face any further issues.

Best Regards,
MIPS Open Team

X
Participant
3 months, 3 weeks ago

“Your download request is awaiting approval. We aim to approve all download requests within 3 working days.”

X
Participant
3 months, 3 weeks ago

They tell me “Your download request is awaiting approval. We aim to approve all download requests within 3 working days.”
But it has been a week, and I have not received a reply.

MO
Keymaster
3 months, 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your interest in MIPS Open. Our team has sent an email to your email used for registration, requesting for additional information required for approval. We will approve the request as soon as we receive and review the information.

Best Regards,
MIPS Open Team

X
Participant
3 months ago

please approve the request
thanks

MO
Keymaster
2 months, 4 weeks ago

Thank you again for your interest. We will appreciate if you could please provide the details requested to help us process your request.

Best Regards,
MIPS Open Team

X
Participant
2 months, 4 weeks ago

I have already provided relevant information through email, and after the last reply email was sent, no email needed to provide other information or to correct the information was received. I don’t know whether I’ve accepted the request or refused it.

X
Participant
2 months, 3 weeks ago

Your download request is awaiting approval.
We aim to approve all download requests within 3 working days.

V
Participant
2 months, 2 weeks ago

hmm…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.