Header Message

Tagged: 

This topic contains 32 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Zhongzheng 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
A
ali
Participant

hi
i have problem. when i install the open OCD and it start to download the requirement i get
this massage “component file version do not match ” and it
can not download. pls help

Hi,

Have you gone to our developers page to get the latest versions and documentation?

https://www.mips.com/develop/tools/mips-debug-and-trace-probes/bus-blaster

If so and you still have additional problems, send us the commands you used and the responses you received and we can dive deeper into this issue.

A
ali
Participant

sorry maybe i didn’t explain clearly
i download the latest versions of MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1.0
and when installing the starting package “OpenOCD-0.10.0-img-Installer” after installing openOCD when its start installation for codescape and its need to download toolchaines and etc. its showing this msg ” component file version do not match ” and download stops and installation fails

A
ali
Participant

this is the msg pic

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the clarification. By default the OpenOCD-0.10.0-img-Installer installs both the OpenOCD software and the Codescape MIPS SDK. But that version of the Codescape MIPS SDK is now out of date, you don’t want to install that. So when you run the OpenOCD-0.10.0-img-Installer, you should uncheck the box for installing the Codescape MIPS SDK:

2019-06-21_13-52-04

The Codescape MIPS SDK that the OPenOCD installer was trying to download contains the Codescape Debugger and the Codescape GNU Toolchain. You can obtain the latest version of these from the mips.com website.

The latest version of Codescape Debugger is available here:
https://codescape.mips.com/components/toolchain/latest/index.html

And the latest version of the Codescape GNU Toolchain is available here:
https://codescape.mips.com/components/debugger/8.6.9/index.html

We will update the Getting Started Guide to fix this.

Attachments:
A
ali
Participant

very well
sorry just a quick question do you know which toolchain i should download for mips m5100 warrior series
thank you for you time ^_^

A
ali
Participant

there is also another problem
there is no .bit file for programing the fpga board in the package how i supposed to program the fpga ?
i am watching this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSNuRnSJxRU&t=12s and i can not fallow because your MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1.0 is not complete. lots of files in this tutorials is not in your package
pls hellp

Hi Ali,

The M5100 is not part of the MIPS Open core releases, but it uses the same tool chain as the microAptiv cores. This would be the MTI Bare Metal toolchain. You should also note he the microAptiv cores are Release 3 of the MIPS32 ISA. The M5100 cores are Release 5.

Regarding the bit file referenced in the video, the bit file for the Nexsys4 DDR boatrd should be found in your MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1.0/rtl_up/boards/nexsys4_ddr directory.
If you are trying to download for another board, you will need to follow the directions to create a bitfile for the specific board you are using. We only supplied for the two boards we designed the course for, Nexsys4 DDR and DE2_115.

Please let me know if you can’t fine these files.

A
ali
Participant

hi
tnx i found the files and config the fpga but i have another problem.
when i try to compile a c program file the ” make ” command is not working in CMD
she does it in this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Z8iuKL4So&t=41s
i will be grateful if you could help me

A
ali
Participant

this is the msg form CMD

“””
mips-mti-elf-gcc -c -EL -g -march=m14kc -msoft-float -O1 -I”C:\PROGRA~1\IMAGIN~1\TOOLCH~1\mips-mti-elf\2016.05-03/share/mips/addons/libfdc/” boot.S -o boot.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, mips-mti-elf-gcc -c -EL -g -march=m14kc -msoft-float -O1 -IC:\PROGRA~1\IMAGIN~1\TOOLCH~1\mips-mti-elf\2016.05-03/share/mips/addons/libfdc/ boot.S -o boot.o, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [makefile:100: boot.o] Error 2

“””

K
Participant

Hi~
I think there is no 2016.05-03/share/mips/addons/libfdc Files.
I attach libfdc.zip.

Attachments:
A
ali
Participant

thanks but it didn’t work 🙁
still the same msg

K
Participant

hi,
your code environment is imgtec.com.
In mipsopen.com environment,
C:\MIPSopenFPGA\MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1.0\Scripts\Codescape\ExamplePrograms\AssemblyExample

please show the compile result in mipsopen.com environment.

A
ali
Participant

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1_0\MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1.0\Scripts\Codescape\ExamplePrograms\AssemblyExample>make
mips-mti-elf-gcc -c -EL -g -march=m14kc -msoft-float -O1 -I”C:\PROGRA~1\IMAGIN~1\TOOLCH~1\mips-mti-elf\2016.05-03/share/mips/addons/libfdc/” boot.S -o boot.o
mips-mti-elf-gcc -c -EL -g -march=m14kc -msoft-float -O1 -I”C:\PROGRA~1\IMAGIN~1\TOOLCH~1\mips-mti-elf\2016.05-03/share/mips/addons/libfdc/” -D_BOOTCODE crt0.S -o crt0.o
mips-mti-elf-gcc -c -EL -g -march=m14kc -msoft-float -O1 -I”C:\PROGRA~1\IMAGIN~1\TOOLCH~1\mips-mti-elf\2016.05-03/share/mips/addons/libfdc/” exceptions.S -o exceptions.o
mips-mti-elf-gcc -c -EL -g -march=m14kc -msoft-float -O1 -I”C:\PROGRA~1\IMAGIN~1\TOOLCH~1\mips-mti-elf\2016.05-03/share/mips/addons/libfdc/” dummy.S -o dummy.o
as -o main.o main.s
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, as -o main.o main.s, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [<builtin>: main.o] Error 2

K
Participant

main.s should be changed to main.S

Forums are currently locked.