Header Message

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tech Support MIPS Open 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
A
ali
Participant

hi man i need your help again
i compiled the codes for lab 2 ( Read Switches) and i connected the UART FTDI232 and used the scripts for uploading the code to fpga but it did not work.
the UART is properly connected and its led even turn on for a second but the fpga keeps running the default increment led program.

this is the msg from upload_to_board_using_uart script

“””

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>upload_to_board_using_uart.bat

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>set a=4

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>mode com4 baud=115200 parity=n data=8 stop=1 to=off xon=off odsr=off octs=off dtr=off rts=off idsr=off

Status for device COM4:
———————–
Baud: 115200
Parity: None
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Timeout: OFF
XON/XOFF: OFF
CTS handshaking: OFF
DSR handshaking: OFF
DSR sensitivity: OFF
DTR circuit: OFF
RTS circuit: OFF

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>type program.rec 1>\\.\COM4

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>upload_to_board_using_uart.bat

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>set a=4

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>mode com4 baud=115200 parity=n data=8 stop=1 to=off xon=off odsr=off octs=off dtr=off rts=off idsr=off

Status for device COM4:
———————–
Baud: 115200
Parity: None
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Timeout: OFF
XON/XOFF: OFF
CTS handshaking: OFF
DSR handshaking: OFF
DSR sensitivity: OFF
DTR circuit: OFF
RTS circuit: OFF

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>type program.rec 1>\\.\COM4

C:\Users\DATA\Desktop\MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\Labs\Altera\Part1_Intro\Lab02_C\ReadSwitches>
“””

my setup pic is attach

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Ali,

You state the light blink but it doesn’t look like anything was transferred.

can you verify that you have the “program.rec” file that the batch file is looking for.

When you compile the design you should have a bunch of new files created by the makefile.
An example of what you should have is listed in the MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1.0\Scripts\Codescape\ExamplePrograms\CExample1_basic directory.

A
ali
Participant

hi
yes i have “program.rec” in the folders.
there is a problem with the .sof files for de0_cv board in the MIPS_Open_FPGA_GSG_1_0 package.
the mfp_de0_cv.sof in this directory MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\rtl_up\boards\de0_cv programs the fpga but then UART can not send data to fpga by GPIOs but mfp_de0_cv.sof in this dir MIPS_Open_FPGA_Labs_1.0\rtl_up\boards\de0_cv\BackUp_6April2017 dose program the device and the UART can send data to fpga. why is that ?

Ali,

It appears that the backup version of the directory contains the correct mfp_de0_cv.qsf
file needed for this board. For you to continue to experiment with this board, you can
run from the Backup directory or save the current directory to a new directory and copy
the mfp_de0_cv.qsf(.sdc, .sov, .v) from the backup directory into the main board directory.

We will be incorporating your feedback into improving this package.

A
ali
Participant

thank you
but there is the problem of 7segment too. there is no solution files for adding 7segment to mipsfpga for de0_cv board and the lab pdf instruction is also just for de115_cv borad. because there is too much files to edit in order for 7segmant to work properly i need the solution files. could you help me get them ?

Hi,

As you have found not all of the Labs have the necessary FPGA support files. For this,
the authors suggested as an exercise porting the MIPSfpga to other platforms, in
section 3 of the Lab01 Quartus PDf file. Because this was a training course, not all of
the solutions were made available.

Our recommendation is to download the DE0-CV User Manual (I found it online) and
using it as a reference to modify your system level files to add the new peripherals.

Forums are currently locked.